Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Easy Shepherd's Pie



Well, here is my Easy Shepherd's Pie I made for the challenge. I made it AFTER our late church on Sunday, so it really is quick and easy. I will have to admit that I did make a mistake though! I had scanned the recipe quickly on Saturday evening to make sure I had all the ingredients and then just started making it on Sunday without really looking....meaning browning the hamburger with the onion and garlic. Well...there is NO onion in it and you mince the garlic up and add it RAW to the potatoes! hahahaha If I made this again--and I know I will--I would still do it the same mistake way! I did buy a packet of Herbed Gravy to use (McCormick in support of Kent's work) and I 'riced' the potatoes to make them really creamy. I would definitely make this again!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Yuck. I hate shepard's pie. Maybe this would be better, though. I'll try it sometime, maybe.. or maybe not. Haha.

Laura Lee said...

This is sooo COMPLETELY different from what a used to make when you were a child growing up in my home that I am POSITIVELY CERTAIN you would like it!!! It has your good cream cheese mashed potatoes and everything!!! And NO nasty tomato hamburger stuff you don't like! Be brave! Try it!